DIFORTI’S RECIPE FOR A PERFECT VALENTINE’S DAY
If the way to your partner’s heart is through their stomach and food is the language of love, what better way to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year than with a show-stopping meal courtesy of Diforti?
At Diforti we hand select all of our products based on a strict criteria of quality and taste. This Valentine’s Day we’re going a step further to ensure you’ve got the perfect meal to show your love for your partner, with a special Valentine’s Day menu.
DIFORTI’S DINNER FOR TWO
Our antipasti is the perfect opening to your flavoursome Valentine’s Day meal, take your pick from our selection.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the penne rigate pasta until al dente, according to packet instructions.
- Lightly warm a frying pan of our extra virgin olive oil and add the pre-chopped pancetta.
- Fry until it starts to lightly brown.
- Add fresh garlic, a sprig of oregano and a splash of red wine.
- As the garlic starts to soften, add our cherry tomato sauce.
- Cook for a few minutes and reduce the heat.
- Add the ricotta until completely combined with the tomato sauce.
- Combine drained pasta and toss until it is coated in the sauce.
- If you’re feeling particularly naughty, add a dollop of ricotta on the top of the pasta and lightly drizzle with olive oil.
Not a fan of pancetta? Just swap it for some pitted olives.
Accompany with homemade garlic bread – crusty ciabatta drizzled with our garlic olive oil.
Baci di Dama and an aromatic coffee
These hazelnut and chocolate biscuits translate to Lady’s kisses. A stunning finish to a wonderful meal, they are best accompanied by a steaming cafètiere of one of our rich coffees.